CCleaner is a compact utility software that helps clean up your computer meticulously and neatly. It also assists you in uninstalling software and applications completely and cleanly. Let’s dive into understanding this useful software with Windows Tiny.
What is ccleaner and why is it needed?
CCleaner is a software known for tidying up computers by deleting junk files and locating and removing unnecessary trash files. Additionally, this application helps you thoroughly uninstall stubborn software that the Windows uninstaller cannot delete or does not completely remove.
Table of Contents
Why use CCleaner?
If you’re unable to manage your computer effectively, over time it will get cluttered with junk files, unused files, and other non-essential data. During the operation of various software and applications, they often generate log files, drafts, temporary files, and more. Many of these files are created without your knowledge, and you may only realize their presence when your hard drive space is running critically low.
That’s where CCleaner comes into play. Its primary objective is to utilize its system to search and tidy up your computer more thoroughly.
Another significant feature of CCleaner is its ability to remove computer applications. When many software programs are uninstalled, they often leave behind system files, cache files, and other remnants. These aren’t completely removed by standard uninstall processes. Thus, using CCleaner ensures that you thoroughly delete and uninstall software from your computer system.
How to Use CCleaner:
- Download and Install:
- Visit the official CCleaner website and download the free or paid version, depending on your needs.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions for installation.
- Clean Unnecessary Files:
- Open CCleaner and select the “Cleaner” option.
- Tick the boxes for the items you want to clean.
- Click “Run Cleaner” and wait for the process to complete.
- Optimize Registry:
- Select the “Registry” tab on the left sidebar.
- Click “Scan for Issues”.
- Once the scan is complete, click “Fix selected Issues…” followed by “Fix All Selected Issues”.
- Manage Startup:
- Choose the “Tools” option and then “Startup”.
- Here, you can disable or remove unnecessary startup items, helping your computer start faster.
- Uninstall Software:
- Under the “Tools” tab, select “Uninstall”.
- A list of installed applications will appear. Choose the application you want to remove and click “Uninstall”.
- Other Utilities:
- CCleaner offers various other tools such as restore point management, duplicate file finder, and more.
This is a highly recommended software, especially for computers with low specifications as it is lightweight and easy to use. It thoroughly cleans data while consuming minimal system resources.
Step 1: Visit the CCleaner software download page at this address: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
It offers two versions (free and paid). For regular users, the free version should suffice.
You’ll want to select the “Free” option and click on “Free Download” to proceed.
Step 2: Choose the location on your computer where you want to save the installation file.
Step 3: After downloading, right-click on the file and select “Run as administrator.”
Step 4: Click on “Install” to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Click on “Run CCleaner” to complete the installation and start using the software.
Step 6: Upon opening the software, an advertisement might pop up. Read it carefully to avoid any confusion. The software might suggest you install an additional AV application. Choose “Decline” if you do not want to install it.
Step 7: Select “Start CCleaner” to initiate the scanning process on your computer.
Having CCleaner on your computer is a significant step towards maintaining a clean and efficient system. This tool stands as a testament to the importance of regular system maintenance. By ensuring fewer junk files, maximizing storage space, and optimizing performance, CCleaner plays a pivotal role in enhancing your computer’s lifespan and functionality. As you continue to use your device, remember to run CCleaner periodically to keep it at peak performance. Here’s to a smoother, faster, and more reliable computing experience!